Hi KIPP Central City Families:
We are already missing the smiling faces of our kiddos in our buildings each and every day. We hope that this message finds you and your family well. We want to take some time to share resources and plans to help make it through this very unprecedented time and to let you know that we are here for YOU!
A couple updates:
- Your child has been assigned to a staff member from our school. This will be the person to help guide you through educating your child through distance learning. If you have NOT received a call from someone from KCCP please reach out via email at email@example.com or you may call the school main office at 504-373-6290 beginning tomorrow between the hours of 10:00 am - 2:00 pm we will be able to answer calls remotely at that time.
- NOLA Public Schools has launched a City-wide food program. If your family is in need of meals please go to one of the locations listed at http://bit.ly/NOLAFoodLocations .
- If you or your child are experiencing a mental health crisis - any situation in which a person's feelings and behaviors can lead to them hurting themselves or others - please call 504-373-6269, extension 1061. We have counselors on stand by to assist you.
- Please stay connected! Please keep in contact with us through your assigned staff member, social media, email, web, email and phones. If you have an address, email or phone number change please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and list your name and your child's first and last name so we can update our records.
- Stay safe!!! Please take care of yourselves and your children. If you experience any COVID-19 related symptoms please contact your healthcare provider for guidance.
- Don't forget to HAVE FUN! Tag us on instagram as your kids complete their distance learning packet. This will help students feel connected to each other.
We understand that this time is stressful and many of us are unsure what steps to take next. If you feel overwhelmed during this time please take a step back, de-stress, call a friend, take a quick walk outside and remember that we are all in this together.
We will also be sending links to learning websites as well as updates on distance learning. If you need anything we are one call away!
KCCP Instagram: www.instagram.com/kippcentralcityprimary
KIPP New Orleans Instagram: www.instagram.com/kippneworleans
NOLA Public Schools: www.instagram.com/nolaps